our monthly surgery at the Methodist Church in The Hollow was very well attended this month.
Several issues raised
- 2 different planning matters
- speeding traffic in Southdown Road and Englishcombe Lane - plus questions about the new calming measures being consulted on for Englishcombe Lane
- clutter of signs at the top of Rush Hill some of which are obstructing views and also concern about the food van raised
- dog mess on sports fields
- booking scheduling at the new sports field at Odd Down playing fields
- bus reliability of the no 5 service
- and the 3 people who raised the Mayoral Referendum all concerned that it will be bad for B&NES if the experience of Bristol is anything to go by. We agree - just look at the difference in Council Tax levels and then compare service outcomes.
Just one example - over the last 3 years recycling in B&NES has improved from about 48% to about 80%. Over the same period in Bristol it has declined from around 48% to a lot lower AND they now export their waste to Sweden to put it into an incinerator.